2016 CHEF BATTLE ROYALE
The award-winning Budweiser Taste of St. Louis, now in its 12th year, will take place Sept. 16, 17 and 18 at Chesterfield's Central Park & Amphitheater. We have had great success at this location and look forward to another awesome year in 2016.
DATES & TIMES
Friday, September 16, 2016 – 4pm to 10pm
Saturday, September 17, 2016 – 11am to 10pm
Sunday, September 18, 2016 – 11am to 7pm
The Stella Artois Chef Battle Royale is a live culinary competition where eight of the region’s top chefs are hand-selected to compete head-to-head during seven competitions. Each chef will compete live in one of seven culinary categories and the winner from each competition will move on to the next bracket. The competition will be judged by local food experts, celebrities, regional farmers and our culinary sponsors.
More at http://tastestl.com/chef-battle
PROMOTION FOR YOU AND YOUR RESTAURANT
The Stella Artois Chef Battle Royale is heavily promoted from June through September, via our marketing campaign, social media outlets and our event partners. The competition continues to be the focal point of the Budweiser Taste of St. Louis. Chef Battle Royale participants also have public relations opportunities including television appearances and radio segments leading up to the event.
Chef Battle Royale Participants Receive:
- Inclusion in the 2016 Kickoff Party and Press Event: Exclusive opportunity to showcase your restaurant to the press, community representatives and corporate sponsors at the Anheuser-Busch Biergarten
- Feature promoting the Stella Artois Chef Battle Royale on TasteSTL.com
- Your restaurant name, chef's name, photo and hotlink on the Chef Battle Royale page on TasteSTL.com
- Your restaurant name, chef's name and photo on Chef Battle Royale feature in electronic event program
- Viral marketing promotion for Chef Battle Royale participants via social media platforms
Chef Battle Royale Champion Receives:
- Custom, framed Chef Battle Royale Champion award for display in your restaurant
- Commemorative Chef Battle Royale Chef Coat and customized prize package worth more than $1,000
- Marketing and Promotion:
CHEF BATTLE ROYALE FEES, DEADLINES & INFORMATION
Mon, May 30 – Chef Application Deadline
Thu, June 9 – Chefs to be notified of Acceptance
Mon, June 27 – Mandatory Chef Battle Royale Photoshoot (details to come)
$250 Security Deposit Check and Gift Certificates Due (see below)
Mon, Aug 15 – Mandatory CBR info meeting (time/location TBD)
Mon, Aug 29 – Mandatory Kickoff Party and Press Event (All chefs are required to participate)
CHEF BATTLE ROYALE FEES, DEADLINES & INFORMATION
- Applicants must be a local chef, sous chef or lead cook, who owns or is employed by a restaurant in the St. Louis metro or surrounding area.
- Applicants must be willing to perform in front of a live audience, answer questions, generate feedback and be able to participate in a presentation-style live culinary competition.
- Applicants must agree to participate in a Mandatory Photoshoot on Mon, June 27 (details to be emailed) which will be used in promotional collateral. Participants are required release their image/likeness/name for use in all media and public relations promotion.
- Applicants must agree to attend a Mandatory Information Meeting on Mon, Aug 15 (details to be emailed).
- Applicants must agree to participate in the Mandatory Kickoff Party and Press Event on Mon, Aug 29 (details to be emailed).
- All applications will be reviewed by the Chef Battle Royale selection committee and decided upon by majority rule. All decisions will be final and at the discretion of the committee.
- Chefs may compete in the Chef Battle Royale for a maximum of two consecutive years. If a chef wins the battle in his/her second year of competition, they may compete for one additional year in order to defend their title. No Chef may compete for more than three consecutive years without taking a one year leave of absence.
- Upon acceptance, a refundable security deposit of $250* will be collected and deposited.
- Upon acceptance, each participating chef is required to supply (6) $25 gift certificates, with an expiration date of October 2017 or later to their restaurant for giveaways at the competition and for promotional purposes.
*NOTE: Failure to comply with the any rules, guidelines or regulations could result in loss of deposit and/or ability to participate in the Event. If all terms of this agreement are met, your refundable deposit will be mailed back within 3 weeks of the Event.
Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to seeing you at the Budweiser Taste of St. Louis!
2016 CHEF BATTLE ROYALE PARTICIPANT APPLICATION & CONTRACT
To apply for participation in the Budweiser Taste of St. Louis Chef Battle Royale Competition, please:
- Read and acknowledge your understanding of the following important information.
- Complete the online application in full.
- If accepted, participant will be required to supply, no later than Mon, May 30, 2016:
- 6 (six) $25 gift certificates to your establishment, with an expiration date of October 2017 or later
- A refundable $250 security deposit check made out to Taste of St. Louis (this will be deposited upon receipt).
2016 CHEF BATTLE ROYALE PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
- Chef Battle Royale Participation: The Taste of St. Louis reserves the right to choose and confirm all Chef Battle Royale Competitors. Once you are accepted, your security check will be deposited and no refunds will given for anyone who does not compete for any reason whatsoever.
- "Battle" Guidelines: All participants must accept and abide by this Chef Battle Royale Rules & Regulations Agreement. PLEASE NOTE: Your first "battle" category, as well as the rules and regulations for the competition will distributed at the mandatory logistics meeting.
- Publicity: The Taste of St. Louis reserves the right to photograph all participants and their interactions for use in all forms of media.
- Security: All participants are responsible for the security of their goods and personal items. Although there will be 24-hour security provided for the Event, we suggest all items of value are removed each night. The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. will not be liable for lost/ damaged/stolen items.
- Intoxicants: Participants may not possess illegal drugs, alcohol or other intoxicants inside or anywhere near the Event footprint.
- Insurance: Participants must maintain current and valid liability insurance, listing The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. as additionally insured, for the duration of the event.
- Force Majeure: In the Event of inclement weather, or for any reason whatsoever that the Taste of St. Louis is delayed, rained-out or unfeasible by any act or regulation of any public authority or bureau, civil tumult, strike, epidemic, war conditions, emergencies, act of God, or any other cause or causes beyond the control of the Taste of St. Louis, Inc., the participant agrees that there shall be no claim or action against of the Taste of St. Louis, Inc. Attendance is not guaranteed and no refund of participation fees will be given for any reason.
- Indemnification: The participant shall release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Taste of St. Louis, St. Louis County, City of Chesterfield, all sponsoring organizations and all trustees, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, suits, actions, damages, settlements and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of injuries to persons or damages to property directly and exclusively resulting from said participant's actions and participation in the Taste of St. Louis Event. The Taste of St. Louis, or any subsidiary thereof, will not be responsible for any kind of injury sustained by participants or guests while in agreement. By signing this release and request, I agree to follow all rules and policies as outlined in these documents and/or any addendum thereto.