The Kids' Kitchen – Cooking with STEAM Presented by SCOPE is hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math FUN for ALL Ages!
Photos by Pro Photo STL
Cooking with STEAM Presented by SCOPE
SATURDAY SEPT 16 AND SUNDAY SEPT 17, 11:00AM - 6:00PM
There’s fun for all ages in Kids’ Kitchen! Get cooking with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math). Enjoy SCOPE (Science and Citizens Organized for Purpose and Exploration) STEAM education to career partners interactive experiences for kids and adults!
Stay tuned for the 2017 line up for the Kids' Kitchen! Last year's highlights included:
- Dr. Seqwana Pryor brings her successful food startup company to life for youth and community. St. Louis is the place for innovation, and PryCor Technologies food science and process technology experiments (taste bud, ice cream and more) amaze and inspire!
- Like Robots? Play while you learn about where the fun of robotics can take you. Bodine Toyota and State Technical College bring their hands-on activity, while sharing an Earn While You Learn advanced manufacturing program. Because even bakeries and candy-making companies use machinery.
- What will the weather be like? If you're catering or barbecuing, you need to know! NOAA's (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association) flood table will help you navigate Missouri rains!
- What makes the Best Chef – Invention!– You can create and take something unique with St Louis' newest place to make ideas reality – TechShop.
- St. Louis Community College's "Career Coach" presents Plant Sciences. Learn about ways to keep bacteria out of the kitchen and the DNA of food, as well as local opportunities, degrees and jobs!
- Engag3D takes you into the future and answers the questions: “Will we have 3D printed candy? Can you 3D print chocolate?" Check out all the cool things you can make and what the future holds for us!
- Math in the kitchen? Sure! How would you double a recipe – with FRACTIONS! Come see West County Mathnasium and exercise your math skills!
- St. Louis County American Job Center explores what it takes to be a food scientist, chef or chocolatier!
- From The University of Central Missouri: Inspired to print 3D? Visit a university with a top-notch program leading straight to jobs and careers. Someone needs to build restaurants – check out virtual welding, and maybe you'll build one, too!
- Stop by Mr. Roboto's BERDST area to design and engineer your own robot. Interact with recyclable robots and find out how they can swim underwater!
- Love rockets? What does it take to make them go higher? Experiment with SCOPE. Make 3D art glasses and continue the fun by making your own 3D images at home with a digital image and regular ink jet printer! There are more ways to Explore with Purpose. On the SCOPE website, find at-home food science activities, lesson plans, education-to-career paths and more! Can you make your own cotton candy machine? Why does popcorn pop? You are encouraged to present a hypothesis, experiment with the ingredients, build evidence and come to a conclusion…that STEAM is in Kids' Kitchen!
Experiment at www.scopenational.org.