2016 MARKETPLACE VENDOR INFO
The award-winning Budweiser Taste of St. Louis, now in its 12th year, will take place Sept. 16, 17 and 18 at Chesterfield's Central Park & Amphitheater. We have had great success at this location and look forward to another stellar year in 2016.
DATES & TIMES
Friday, September 16, 2016 – 4pm to 10pm
Saturday, September 17, 2016 – 11am to 10pm
Sunday, September 18, 2016 – 11am to 7pm
The Marketplace is an ideal location for local and national businesses to showcase their wares and services to a diverse demographic. More at tastestl.com/marketplace
We highly recommend submitting your application and full payment early, as space is limited and the Marketplace fills up quickly.
Marketplace Participation Fee – $1,500* per 10'x10' booth, which includes:
- 10'x10' professional, white pole tent (installed)
- Tent weights or stakes
- One 110 volt electrical outlet
- Trash removal
- Optional corner spot – additional $500 (limited spots available)
- Optional tent walls – additional $55 per 20' wall or $110 per 40' of wall
- $25 fee for each returned check
IMPORTANT: Roaming privileges are not included in Vendor fees. Use of our professionally installed tents is mandatory. Vendor must provide: lighting for tent, table, chairs, linens, etc. Tent walls are OPTIONAL.
DEADLINES AND IMPORTANT DATES
- Friday, July 29 – APPLICATION DEADLINE Applications and full payment of $1,500 (or more, depending on desired space and options) must be postmarked by this date. Applications submitted without payment will not be considered.
- Tuesday, September 6 – Vendor advance (event load in & information packet) will be emailed
- September 16, 17 and 18 – Budweiser Taste of St. Louis
Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to seeing you at the Taste of St. Louis!
2016 MARKETPLACE VENDOR CONTRACT
To apply for participation in the Taste of St. Louis event, please:
- Read and acknowledge your understanding of the following important information
- Complete the online application, below, in full
- Mail in your payment no later than Friday July 29, 2016 to:
Taste of St. Louis/Marketplace
P.O. Box 9360
St. Louis, MO 63117
PLEASE NOTE: Load-in information and any revised rules will be emailed to you a week before the event date.
VENDOR PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
The Taste of St. Louis reserves the right to choose and confirm all Vendors. Once you are confirmed as a participant and your participation fee has been deposited, no refunds will be issued, for any reason whatsoever.
- Acceptance for participation will be determined by the Taste Board of Directors, and at their sole discretion.
- Vendor Hours of Operation: Vendor MUST operate for the hours listed (at a minimum). If you fail to operate during the scheduled event hours, you will not be allowed to return the following day and/or participate in future Taste of St. Louis events.
- IF YOU ARE SAMPLING OR SELLING FOOD – READ THIS!
There are a limited amount of sampling spots available at the Event.
Vendors who wish to sell pre-packaged foods must:
- Ensure the product is not temperature sensitive
- Limit sample to a 3oz (or smaller) size per customer.
- Apply for St. Louis County Health Dept. permit and pay $35 permit fee NO LATER THAN Friday, Sept. 2:
IMPORTANT: Permits must be visibly displayed at your booth at all times. Vendors who do not comply with St. Louis County Health Dept. rules and regulations are subject to closure.
VENDOR FOOTPRINT REQUIREMENTS AND ONSITE REGULATIONS
The Event participation fee includes an installed 10’x10' (or larger, if ordered) tent with weights/stakes, and the ability to interact with patrons within 10ft of your booth. Please be courteous to your neighbors at all times. Vendor space assignment will be at the sole discretion of the Taste of St. Louis Board of Directors. Please do not ask for specific booth locations; Vendors will receive their space assignment upon loading into the Event site.
- Power and lighting: The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. will supply one, 110 volt outlet for use at your booth. Vendor must provide all lighting and any needed power strips or extension cords. All Vendor-supplied equipment must be in proper working order and free of any safety hazards.
- Noise and Generators: Vendor is not allowed to operate music or public address systems on the Event site. This includes stereos, televisions, D.J. equipment, or megaphones. Generators are not allowed.
- Signage: All signs and banners must be contained inside and below the roofline of the Vendor’s tent and may not overlap onto a neighbor’s space. All signage must be professional in appearance. The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. reserves the right to reject any inappropriate or unprofessional signage.
- Vehicle Access and Parking: Vendors will be allowed to utilize vehicles to move equipment and goods to their booth space up to three hours prior to the start of the Event, but must immediately remove their car after unloading. Vendors may not load out until the Event hours have come to an end and the Taste of St. Louis gives permission to do so. Details will be included in the Vendor Advance that you will receive before the Event.
- Permits: Vendor must provide photocopies of all necessary licenses, permits and liability insurance. The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. will provide all forms necessary to apply for your permits at the mandatory logistics meeting. Permits must be visibly displayed at your booth for the duration of the Event.
- Trash and Clean-up: Vendors must maintain the cleanliness of their Event site throughout the weekend and throw all trash away in the receptacles provided by the Taste of St. Louis. Vendors must leave their area 100% free of all trash and display items at the end of the Event.
- Prohibited Merchandise Includes:
- Beverage sales or sampling of any kind.
- Any food sampling or sales by Vendor that is not included on the attached application form.
- Unauthorized (i.e. bootleg materials) national or private brand products of any kind, including clothing or other wearable apparel, leather goods, personal accessories, videos, DVDs, CDs, cassettes, or other musical or electronic items.
- Merchandise of any kind containing the logos, phrases or words connected with the Taste of St. Louis.
- Pornographic or publicly offensive merchandise, drug paraphernalia, weapons or any other items that conflict in keeping with standards of public policy and local ordinances.
- Sales Tax: Vendors are responsible for collecting, reporting and paying all applicable taxes.
- Publicity: The Taste of St. Louis reserves the right to photograph all Vendors, Vendor interactions and Vendor products for use in all forms of media and promotions.
- Security: All Vendors are responsible for the security of their booth area, goods and personal items. Although there will be 24-hour security provided for the Event area, we suggest all items of value are removed each night. The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. will not be liable for lost/damaged or stolen items. Please note: tent walls must be purchased separately if desired.
- Operations: Taste of St. Louis, Inc. reserves the right to restrict Vendors with respect to operations and display of materials.
- Intoxicants: Vendors may not possess illegal drugs, alcohol or other intoxicants inside or anywhere near the Event footprint.
- Insurance: Vendors must maintain current and valid liability insurance, listing Taste of St. Louis Partnership, Inc. as additionally insured, for the duration of the event.
- Force Majeure: In the Event of inclement weather, or for any reason whatsoever that the Taste of St. Louis is delayed, rained-out or unfeasible by any act or regulation of any public authority or bureau, civil tumult, strike, epidemic, war conditions, emergencies, act of God, or any other cause or causes beyond the control of the Taste of St. Louis, Inc., the Vendor agrees that there shall be no claim or action against of the Taste of St. Louis, Inc. Attendance is not guaranteed and no refund of Vendor participation fees will be given for any reason.
- Indemnification: The Vendor shall release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Taste of St. Louis, St. Louis County, City of Chesterfield, all sponsoring organizations and all trustees, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, suits, actions, damages, settlements and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of injuries to persons or damages to property directly and exclusively resulting from said Vendor's actions and participation in the Taste of St. Louis Event. The Taste of St. Louis, or any subsidiary thereof, will not be responsible for any kind of injury sustained by participants or guests while in agreement. By signing this release and request, I agree to follow all rules and policies as outlined in these documents and/or any addendum thereto.