2016 RESTAURANT VENDOR INFO
The award-winning Budweiser Taste of St. Louis, now in its 12th year, will take place Sept. 16, 17 and 18 at Chesterfield's Central Park & Amphitheater. We have had great success at this location and look forward to another stellar year in 2016.
DATES & TIMES
Friday, September 16, 2016 – 4pm to 10pm
Saturday, September 17, 2016 – 11am to 10pm
Sunday, September 18, 2016 – 11am to 7pm
Restaurant Row is the most popular area of the event, with a high rate of customer sales and exposure for driving new clientele to your establishment. It is also one of our most well-marketed attractions and includes unique opportunities, such as participation in the People’s Choice Award and Best Bite competitions (See info below). More at www.tastestl.com/restaurant-row
We highly recommend submitting your application and full payment early, as space is limited and Restaurant Row fills up quickly!
Restaurant Row Fee – $2,500 plus six $25 gift certificates for your establishment, expiring NO SOONER THAN OCT. 2017
Participation fee includes:
- 20’ wide x 10’ deep tent (installed), and 10' behind booth
- Four, 8’ folding tables, tent lighting and three Edison-style electrical outlets. NOTE: You must bring your own chairs
- Restaurant sign and chalkboard menu (with light)
- Ability to promote your restaurant and retain 100% of food sales at event
- Inclusion in PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD Competition (read more)
- Inclusion in the on-site BEST BITE Competition (read more)
- Promotion in expansive six-week marketing campaign which includes 60,000 promotional pieces at all participating restaurants
- Restaurant name, logo and hotlink on TasteSTL.com and mobile site
- Premium viral marketing program for Restaurant Row via multiple social media platforms
DEADLINES AND IMPORTANT DATES – Mark Your Calendars!
- Wed, June 1 – APPLICATION & PAYMENT DEADLINE – $2,500 payment plus six $25 gift certificates (postmarked by June 1, 2016)
- Mon., August 22 – Mandatory Logistics Meeting (confirmation of this date and details will be emailed to you)
- Mon., August 22 – Health Department Permit Applications due at the Mandatory Logistics Meeting
- Mon., August 29 – Final menu items submitted for approval (a form will be sent to you)
- September 16, 17 & 18, 2016 – Budweiser Taste of St. Louis
NOTE: Failure to comply with above dates may result in loss of ability to participate in the Event.
Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to seeing you at the Budweiser Taste of St. Louis!
Restaurant Row Director
2016 RESTAURANT VENDOR CONTRACT
To apply for participation in the Taste of St. Louis Event, please:
- Read and acknowledge your understanding of the following important information
- Complete the online application, below, in full
- Mail in your payment no later than no later than Wednesday, June 1* to:
Taste of St. Louis/Restaurants
P.O. Box 9360
St. Louis, MO 63117
PLEASE NOTE: *Restaurants will not be considered for participation until Vendor Fee is received. We highly recommend submitting your application and full payment early, as space is limited and Restaurant Row fills up quickly.
Load-in information and any revised rules will be distributed and reviewed at the mandatory logistics meeting, prior to the Event.
VENDOR PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
The Taste of St. Louis reserves the right to choose and confirm all Vendors. Once you are confirmed as a participant and your participation fee has been deposited, no refunds will be issued, for any reason whatsoever.
- Acceptance for participation will be determined by the Taste Board of Directors, and at their sole discretion.
- Vendor Hours of Operation: Vendor MUST operate for the hours listed (at a minimum). If you fail to operate during the scheduled Event hours, you will not be allowed to return the following day and/or participate in future Taste of St. Louis Events.
Friday – 4pm to 10pm
Saturday – 11am to 10pm
Sunday – 11am to 7pm
Menu Restrictions (IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ):
Our goal is to create an upscale, unique food Event where Vendors showcase the best, most unique/memorable items on their menu to enhance our patrons’ “tasting” experience and to drive traffic to their establishment.
- All food at the Event must be a direct representation of your establishment’s menu and approved by BTSL – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- ALL RESTAURANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SERVE TWO (2) "SAMPLE TASTES" at their booth for the DURATION OF THE EVENT WEEKEND. "SAMPLE TASTES" are a 1-3oz (maximum) portion of a unique food item on your menu.
- Prohibited menu items include but are not limited to: ALL beverages, funnel cakes, fried pickles, turkey legs or other “fair-style” food (regardless if it is on your regular menu). Final menu items must be submitted for approval no later than Monday, August 29, 2016. (A form will be sent to you).
- No items can be changed/added to your approved menu. All menu items must be available to patrons for the duration of the Event weekend
The participation fee includes a 20’x20’ space on Restaurant Row with a 20’x10’ tent, lighting, four 8’ folding tables, an establishment sign, menu board and power. NOTE: You must bring your own chairs. Vendors may interact with patrons from inside their booth ONLY. No couponing or promotions will be allowed outside the booth. Please be courteous to your neighbors at all times.
- Power: The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. will supply three (3) 20 amp circuits for use at your booth. Vendor must provide any needed power strips or extension cords. All Vendor-supplied equipment must be in excellent working order and safe for use in outdoor conditions. All cooking and refrigeration equipment must use a standard Edison plug. No accommodations will be made for any other style of plug. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Noise and Generators: Vendor is not allowed to operate music or public address systems on the Event site. This includes stereos, televisions, D.J. equipment or megaphones. Generators are not allowed.
- Signage: Establishment signs and lighted chalkboards will be provided by BTSL. Vendor-provided signs/decorations must be contained to the inside of your booth, on the poles or on the front/top of the tables. Absolutely no signage/decoration will be allowed above the provided establishment sign or the sides or in front of your booth. Tall flags, sign plumes or free-standing signage is prohibited. The Taste of St. Louis, Inc., reserves the right to reject any inappropriate or unprofessional signage.
ON-SITE VENDOR REGULATIONS:
- ServSafe Requirements: All restaurants are required to follow the guidelines as established by the Missouri Restaurant Association's ServSafe (TM) certification. If you need information on how to get certified, please go to: https://www.servsafe.com/ss/sra/MO/index.aspx. Any restaurant not adhering to these standards will be required to leave and will not be eligible to participate in future Taste of St. Louis Events.
- Vehicle Access and Parking: Vendors will be allowed to utilize vehicles to move equipment and goods to their booth space up to three hours prior to the start of the Event. Vendors may drive onto the footprint, unload their goods and immediately remove their car from the Event site. Vendors may not load out until the Event hours have come to an end and the Taste of St. Louis gives permission to do so. Details will be included in the Vendor Advance that you will receive before the Event.
- Permits: Vendor must provide photocopies of all necessary licenses, permits and liability insurance. Permits must be visibly displayed at your booth for the duration of the Event. All Vendors must fill out a Health Department Permit Application, which will be emailed to you, at or before the Mandatory Logistics Meeting.
- Recyclable Dinnerware: Restaurants MUST serve the public using dinnerware that is 100% recyclable. The Taste of St. Louis will provide approved Vendors for the purchase of your dinnerware at the Mandatory Logistics Meeting.
- Trash and Clean-Up: Vendors must maintain the cleanliness of their Event site throughout the weekend and throw all trash away in the receptacles provided by the Taste of St. Louis. Vendors must leave their area 100% free of all trash and display items at the end of the Event. Grease, grey water and charcoal ashes must be discarded in the proper receptacles, which will be labeled and provided by the Taste of St. Louis.
- Prohibited Merchandise: No food Vendor will be eligible to any sell any merchandise, soft drinks, water, alcoholic beverages or obtain a liquor license for this Event. Vendor may not sell a combination of food and novelty items due to health regulations and safety concerns.
- Sales Tax: Vendors are responsible for collecting, reporting and paying all applicable taxes.
- Publicity: The Taste of St. Louis reserves the right to photograph all Vendors, Vendor interactions and Vendor products for use in all forms of media and promotions.
- Security: All Vendors are responsible for the security of their booth area, goods and personal items. Although there will be 24-hour security provided for the Event area, we suggest Vendors remove all items of value each night. The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. will not be liable for lost/ damaged/stolen items.
- Operations: Taste of St. Louis, Inc. reserves the right to restrict Vendors with respect to operations and display of materials.
- Intoxicants: Vendors may not possess illegal drugs, alcohol or other intoxicants inside or anywhere near the Event footprint.
- Insurance: Vendors must maintain current and valid liability insurance, listing Taste of St. Louis Partnership, Inc. as additionally insured, for the duration of the Event.
Force Majeure: In the event of inclement weather, or for any reason whatsoever that the Taste of St. Louis is delayed, rained-out or unfeasible by any act or regulation of any public authority or bureau, civil tumult, strike, epidemic, war conditions, emergencies, act of God or any other cause or causes beyond the control of the Taste of St. Louis, Inc., the Vendor agrees that there shall be no claim or action against the Taste of St. Louis, Inc. Attendance is not guaranteed, and no refund of Vendor participation fees will be given for any reason.
Indemnification: The Vendor shall release, indemnify and hold harmless the Taste of St. Louis, St. Louis County, City of Chesterfield, all sponsoring organizations and all trustees, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, suits, actions, damages, settlements and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of injuries to persons or damages to property directly and exclusively resulting from said Vendors actions and participation in the Taste of St. Louis Event. The Taste of St. Louis, or any subsidiary thereof, will not be responsible for any kind of injury sustained by participants or guests while in agreement. By signing this release and request, I agree to follow all rules and policies as outlined in these documents and/or any addendum thereto.