Restaurant Row Menu Form
MENU REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2016 EVENT
Our goal is to create an upscale, unique food event where vendors showcase the best, most unique/memorable items on their menu to enhance our patrons’ “tasting” experience and to drive traffic to their establishment.
IMPORTANT: We want to give patrons the opportunity to sample an array of bite-sized "tastes," NOT meal-sized portions. (Patrons often complain about the larger sized portions, so please help us to keep the experience positive for our attendees.)
- All food sold at the event must be a direct representation of your establishment’s menu and approved by the Taste of St. Louis – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Restaurants are required to serve TWO (2) "TASTE"- SIZED ITEMS at their booth for the entire Event weekend.
A "TASTE"- SIZED ITEM is a 1-3oz (maximum) portion of a unique food item on your menu. We encourage vendors to keep ALL menu items to taste-sized portions.
- Prohibited menu items include but are not limited to any/all beverages, funnel cakes, fried pickles, turkey legs or other “carnival-style” food (regardless if it is on your regular menu).
- Final menu items must be submitted for approval no later than Monday, August 28, 2017. (USE FORM BELOW)
- No items can be changed/added to the menu once its approved and all menu items must be available to patrons for the duration of the Event weekend.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Restaurant Row Director
REMINDER ABOUT OUR TWO RESTAURANT COMPETITIONS:
THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD
August 22 – September 12, 2017
The People’s Choice Award competition allows participating restaurants to promote themselves and receive accolades from loyal patrons as well as Taste of St. Louis attendees.
- Participating restaurants are automatically nominated into the People’s Choice Award competition.
- Participating restaurants receive table tents, posters and menu/guest check inserts explaining the competition to their patrons. (Collateral distributed at Logistics meeting)
- People’s Choice Award poll goes live August 22 at TasteSTL.com/vote-win. Patrons who vote have a chance to win $75 in gift cards. The competition is promoted via collateral at your restaurant, our website and our social media platforms.
- We encourage you to ask patrons to vote for your establishment by creating a link on your website and by promoting the competition through your social media outlets. The more you promote the competition in your restaurant, on your website, and via your social media platforms, the better your chances of winning!
Here is a sample of a social media post:
Vote for us in the Taste of St. Louis People’s Choice Award for a chance to win dinner for two! http://www.tastestl.com/vote-win
Winning Restaurant Receives:
- Custom People’s Choice Award trophy
- Recognition at your booth as the People’s Choice Award Winner at this year's event
- People’s Choice Award winner announced on stage during the Event
- Website feature depicting your restaurant as People’s Choice Award Winner, post-event
- $500 credit toward your 2018 booth participation