2018 CHEF BATTLE ROYALE
The award-winning Taste of St. Louis, now in its 14th year, will take place Sept. 14, 15 and 16 at Chesterfield Amphitheater. We have had great success at this location and look forward to another awesome year in 2018!
DATES & TIMES
Friday, September 14, 2017 – 4pm to 10pm
Saturday, September 15, 2017 – 11am to 10pm
Sunday, September 16, 2017 – 11am to 7pm
Location: Chesterfield Amphitheater, Chesterfield, MO.
The Stella Artois Chef Battle Royale is a live culinary competition where eight of the region’s top chefs are hand-selected to compete head-to-head during seven competitions. Each chef will compete live in one of seven culinary categories and the winner from each competition will move on to the next bracket. The competition will be judged by local food experts, celebrities, regional farmers and our culinary sponsors.
More at http://tastestl.com/chef-battle
PROMOTION FOR YOU AND YOUR RESTAURANT
The Stella Artois Chef Battle Royale is heavily promoted from June through September, via our marketing campaign, social media outlets and our event partners. The competition continues to be the focal point of the Taste of St. Louis. Chef Battle Royale participants also have public relations opportunities including television appearances and radio segments leading up to the event.
Chef Battle Royale Participants Receive:
- Feature promoting the Stella Artois Chef Battle Royale on TasteSTL.com
- Your restaurant name, chef's name, photo and hotlink on the Chef Battle Royale page on TasteSTL.com
- Your restaurant name, chef's name and photo on Chef Battle Royale feature in electronic event program
- Viral marketing promotion for Chef Battle Royale participants via social media platforms
Chef Battle Royale Champion Receives:
- Custom framed Chef Battle Royale Champion award for display in your restaurant
- Commemorative Chef Battle Royale Chef Coat and a $1,000+ valued prize package
- “Chef Battle Royale Champion” bragging rights for 2018/2019
- Public relations opportunities for post-event television, radio and publication interviews
- Photo and caption on home page of TasteSTL.com for 10 months, post event
- Photo and feature on Culinary page of TasteSTL.com for 10 months, post event
CHEF BATTLE ROYALE FEES, DEADLINES & INFORMATION
Wednesday, June 6 – Chef Application Deadline
Tuesday, June 12 – Chefs to be notified of Acceptance
Monday, June 25 – Mandatory Chef Battle Royale Photoshoot, checks and gift certificates due (details to come)
Monday, August 9 – Mandatory CBR info meeting (time/location TBD)
- Applicants must be a regionally based chef, sous chef or lead cook, who owns or is employed by a restaurant
- Applicants must be willing to perform in front of a live audience, answer questions, generate feedback and be able to participate in a presentation-style live culinary competition.
- Applicants must agree to participate in a Mandatory Photoshoot on Mon. June 25 (details to be emailed) which will be used in promotional collateral. Participants are required to release their image/likeness/name for use in all media and public relations promotion.
- Applicants must agree to attend a Mandatory Information Meeting on Mon. Aug 9 (details to be emailed).
- All applications will be reviewed by the Chef Battle Royale selection committee and decided upon by majority rule. All decisions will be final and at the discretion of the committee.
- Chefs may compete in the Chef Battle Royale for a maximum of two consecutive years. If a chef wins the battle in his/her second year of competition, they may compete for one additional year in order to defend their title. No Chef may compete for more than three consecutive years without taking a one year leave of absence.
- Upon acceptance, each participating chef is required to supply a $250 security deposit, made out to Taste of St. Louis and (6) $25 gift certificates, with an expiration date of October 2019 or later to their restaurant for giveaways at the competition and for promotional purposes. The security deposit check will be deposited and refunded back to you the week after the event.
*NOTE: Failure to comply with the any rules, guidelines or regulations could result in loss of deposit and/or ability to participate in the Event. If all terms of this agreement are met, your refundable deposit will be mailed back within 3 weeks of the Event.
Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to seeing you at the Taste of St. Louis!
2018 CHEF BATTLE ROYALE PARTICIPANT APPLICATION & CONTRACT
To apply for participation in the Taste of St. Louis Chef Battle Royale Competition, please:
- Read and acknowledge your understanding of the following important information.
- Complete the online application in full.
- If accepted, participant will be required to supply, no later than Monday, June 4, 2018 a $250 security deposit, made out to Taste of St. Louis and (six) $25 gift certificates to your establishment, with an expiration date of October 2019 or later.
2018 CHEF BATTLE ROYALE PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
- Chef Battle Royale Participation: The Taste of St. Louis reserves the right to choose and confirm all Chef Battle Royale Competitors. Once you are accepted, your security check will be deposited and no refunds will given for anyone who does not compete for any reason whatsoever.
- "Battle" Guidelines: All participants must accept and abide by this Chef Battle Royale Rules & Regulations Agreement. NOTE: Your first "battle" category, as well as the rules and regulations for the competition will be distributed at the mandatory logistics meeting.
- Publicity: The Taste of St. Louis reserves the right to photograph all participants and their interactions for use in all forms of media.
- Security: All participants are responsible for the security of their goods and personal items. Although there will be 24-hour security provided for the Event, we suggest all items of value are removed each night. The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. will not be liable for lost/ damaged/stolen items.
- Intoxicants: Participants may not possess illegal drugs, alcohol or other intoxicants inside or anywhere near the Event footprint.
- Insurance: Participants must maintain current and valid liability insurance, listing The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. as additionally insured, for the duration of the event.
- Force Majeure: In the Event of inclement weather, or for any reason whatsoever that the Taste of St. Louis is delayed, rained-out or unfeasible by any act or regulation of any public authority or bureau, civil tumult, strike, epidemic, war conditions, emergencies, act of God, or any other cause or causes beyond the control of the Taste of St. Louis, Inc., the participant agrees that there shall be no claim or action against of the Taste of St. Louis, Inc. Attendance is not guaranteed and no refund of participation fees will be given for any reason.
- Indemnification: The participant shall release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Taste of St. Louis, St. Louis County, City of Chesterfield, all sponsoring organizations and all trustees, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, suits, actions, damages, settlements and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of injuries to persons or damages to property directly and exclusively resulting from said participant's actions and participation in the Taste of St. Louis Event. The Taste of St. Louis, or any subsidiary thereof, will not be responsible for any kind of injury sustained by participants or guests while in agreement. By signing this release and request, I agree to follow all rules and policies as outlined in these documents and/or any addendum thereto.