2018 VENDOR INFO FOR THE MARKET
The award-winning Taste of St. Louis, now in its 14th year, will take place Sept. 14, 15 and 16 at Chesterfield's Central Park & Amphitheater. We have had great success at this location and look forward to another stellar year in 2018.
DATES & TIMES
Friday, September 14, 2018 – 4pm to 10pm
Saturday, September 15, 2018 – 11am to 10pm
Sunday, September 16, 2018 – 11am to 7pm
The Market is an ideal location for local and national businesses to showcase their wares and services to a diverse demographic. More at tastestl.com/marketplace
We highly recommend submitting your application and full payment early, as space is limited and The Market fills up quickly.
The Market Participation Fee – $1,500* $1,500 per 10x10 space inclusive of:
- Professional, white pole tent (installed) - per specified size on application
- Tent weights or stakes
- One 110 volt electrical outlet
- Trash removal
NOTE: $35 fee for each returned check
Optional Benefits – additional costs apply
- Corner Spot – additional $500 (limited spots available)
- Tent walls – additional $55 per every 20' of wall
($110 per 40' of wall for a 10x10 or $165 per 60’ of wall for a 10x20)
IMPORTANT: Roaming privileges are not included in Vendor fees. Use of our professionally installed tents is mandatory. Vendor must provide: lighting for tent, table, chairs, linens, etc. Tent walls are OPTIONAL.
VENDOR PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
The Taste of St. Louis reserves the right to choose and confirm all Vendors. Once you are confirmed as a participant and your participation fee has been deposited, no refunds will be issued, for any reason whatsoever.
Acceptance for participation will be determined by the Taste Board of Directors, and at their sole discretion.
Vendor Hours of Operation: Vendor MUST operate for the hours listed (at a minimum). If you fail to operate during the scheduled event hours, you will not be allowed to return the following day and/or participate in future Taste of St. Louis events.
IF YOU ARE SAMPLING OR SELLING FOOD – READ THIS!
There are a limited amount of sampling opportunities available at the Event.
Vendors who wish to sell pre-packaged foods must:
- Ensure the product is not temperature sensitive
- Limit sample to a 3oz (or smaller) size per customer
- Apply for St. Louis County Health Dept. permit and pay $35 permit fee NO LATER THAN AUGUST 24, 2018:
IMPORTANT: Permits must be visibly displayed at your booth at all times. Vendors who do not comply with St. Louis County Health Dept. rules and regulations are subject to closure without a refund.
DEADLINES AND IMPORTANT DATES
Friday, July 27 – APPLICATION DEADLINE
Applications must be postmarked by this date. Applications submitted without payment will not be considered.
Tuesday, September 2 – Vendor advance (event load in & information packet) will be emailed
- September 14, 15 and 16 – Taste of St. Louis
Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to seeing you at the Taste of St. Louis!
The Market Manager
2018 VENDOR CONTRACT FOR THE MARKET
To apply for participation in the Taste of St. Louis event, please:
Read and acknowledge your understanding of the following important information
Complete the online application by clicking through the “I Agree” button below
Payment is due immediately upon submitting this application
MAKE CHECK PAYABLE TO:
Taste of St. Louis
MAIL CHECKS TO:
Taste of St. Louis
Attn: The Market
P.O. Box 179360
St. Louis, MO 63117
VENDOR FOOTPRINT REQUIREMENTS AND ONSITE REGULATIONS
The Event participation fee includes an installed 10’x10' (or larger, if ordered) tent with weights/stakes, and the ability to interact with patrons within 10ft of your booth. Please be courteous to your neighbors at all times. Vendor space assignments will be at the sole discretion of the Taste of St. Louis Board of Directors. Please do not ask for specific booth locations; Vendors will receive their space assignment upon loading into the Event site.
- Power and lighting: The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. will supply one, 110 volt outlet for use at your booth. Vendor must provide all lighting and any needed power strips or extension cords. All Vendor-supplied equipment must be in proper working order and free of any safety hazards.
- Noise and Generators: Vendor is not allowed to operate music or public address systems on the Event site. This includes stereos, televisions, D.J. equipment, or megaphones. Generators are not allowed.
- Signage: All signs and banners must be contained inside and below the roofline of the Vendor’s tent and may not overlap onto a neighbor’s space. All signage must be professional in appearance. The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. reserves the right to reject any inappropriate or unprofessional signage.
- Vehicle Access and Parking: Vendors will be allowed to utilize vehicles to move equipment and goods to their booth space up to three hours prior to the start of the Event, but must immediately remove their car after unloading. Vendors may not load out until the Event hours have come to an end and the Taste of St. Louis gives permission to do so. Details will be included in the Vendor Advance that you will receive before the Event.
- Permits: Only vendors sampling food or using propane are required to obtain a permit. Please ask your sales representative for assistance in obtaining your permit if necessary. All necessary permits must be visibly displayed at your booth for the duration of the Event.
- Trash and Clean-up: Vendors must maintain the cleanliness of their Event site throughout the weekend and throw all trash away in the receptacles provided by the Taste of St. Louis. Vendors must leave their area 100% free of all trash and display items at the end of the Event.
- Prohibited Merchandise Includes:
- Beverage sales or beverage sampling of any kind.
- Any food sampling or sales by Vendor that is not included on the attached application form.
- Unauthorized (i.e. bootleg materials) national or private brand products of any kind, including clothing or other wearable apparel, leather goods, personal accessories, videos, DVDs, CDs, cassettes, or other musical or electronic items.
- Merchandise of any kind containing the logos, phrases or words connected with the Taste of St. Louis.
- Pornographic or publicly offensive merchandise, drug paraphernalia, weapons or any other items that conflict in keeping with standards of public policy and local ordinances.
- Sales Tax: Vendors are responsible for collecting, reporting and paying all applicable taxes.
- Publicity: The Taste of St. Louis reserves the right to photograph all Vendors, Vendor interactions and Vendor products for use in all forms of media and promotions.
- Security: All Vendors are responsible for the security of their booth area, goods and personal items. Although there will be 24-hour security provided for the Event area, we suggest all items of value are removed each night. The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. will not be liable for lost/damaged or stolen items. Please note: tent walls must be purchased separately if desired.
- Operations: Taste of St. Louis, Inc. reserves the right to restrict Vendors with respect to operations and display of materials.
- Intoxicants: Vendors may not possess illegal drugs, alcohol or other intoxicants inside or anywhere near the Event footprint.
- Insurance: Vendors must maintain current and valid liability insurance, listing Taste of St. Louis Partnership, Inc. as additionally insured, for the duration of the event.
- Force Majeure: In the Event of inclement weather, or for any reason whatsoever that the Taste of St. Louis is delayed, rained-out or unfeasible by any act or regulation of any public authority or bureau, civil tumult, strike, epidemic, war conditions, emergencies, act of God, or any other cause or causes beyond the control of the Taste of St. Louis, the Vendor agrees that there shall be no claim or action against of the Taste of St. Louis. Attendance is not guaranteed and no refund of Vendor participation fees will be given for any reason.
- Indemnification: The Vendor shall release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Taste of St. Louis, St. Louis County, City of Chesterfield, all sponsoring organizations and all trustees, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, suits, actions, damages, settlements and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of injuries to persons or damages to property directly and exclusively resulting from said Vendor's actions and participation in the Taste of St. Louis Event. The Taste of St. Louis, or any subsidiary thereof, will not be responsible for any kind of injury sustained by participants or guests while in agreement. By signing this release and request, I agree to follow all rules and policies as outlined in these documents and/or any addendum thereto.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT: In consideration for participating in the Taste of St. Louis and other valuable consideration, Vendor hereby RELEASES, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE TASTE OF ST. LOUIS, their officers, servants, agents, agencies, and employees (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, or otherwise, while participating in such activity, or while in, on or upon the premises where the activity is being conducted or in transportation to and from said premises. To the best of Vendor knowledge, Vendor can fully participate in this activity. Vendor is fully aware of risks and hazards connected with the activity, including but not limited to the risks as noted herein, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activity, and to enter the above-named premises and engage in such activity knowing that the activity may be hazardous to me and my property. VENDOR VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such an activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise. Vendor further hereby AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney’s fees, that may incur due to my participation in said activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise. It is Vendor’s express intent that this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of TSL ownership, shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above named RELEASEES. Vendor hereby further agrees that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri. VENDOR UNDERSTANDS THAT TSL OWNERS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MEDICAL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH AN INJURY VENDOR MAY SUSTAIN. I further agree to become familiar with the rules and regulations of TSL concerning conduct and not to violate said rules of any directive or instruction made by the person or persons in charge of said activity and that Vendor will further assume the complete risk of any activity done in violation of any rule or directive or instruction. Vendor also understands thatVendor should and is urged by TSL to obtain adequate health and accident insurance to cover any personal injury to TSL working staff which may be sustained during the activity or the transportation to and from TSL. Vendor also understands that Vendor is responsible for any damage I cause to the facilities, PREMISES, PROPERTY OF TASTE OF ST. LOUIS OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS.