The People's Choice Award Official Rules
The Taste of St. Louis, Inc. (TSL) will conduct the Peoples Choice Award (Contest) substantially as described in these general contesting rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Promotion Period for the Contest begins at 6:00am Central Standard Time (CST) on August 21, 2018 and ends on September 11, 2018 at 11:59pm CST.
Prize(s). The gift cards awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Restaurant Gift cards are provided by and redeemed by the issuing restaurants and not by TSL. Some gift cards may have expiration dates. TSL is not responsible for the redemption of gift card. Prizes will be mailed to the winners via standard U.S. mail.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents and 18 years of age or older. Each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per participant email. If a restaurant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, the TSL reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion.
3. Winner Selection. Winners will be chosen randomly by a random list picker. TSL will notify the winners via email and/or phone number provided by 11am on Wednesday, September 12th, 2018. If winner does not reply within 7 business days, a new winner will be chosen.
4. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against TSL, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by TSL.
6. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of TSL personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. TSL will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and TSL’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of TSL, TSL reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as TSL deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by TSL and are final. TSL may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, TSL reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. TSL may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. TSL disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. All entries become the property of the TSL and will not be returned.
11. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. TSL shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.